Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet Z6
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello

My designjet Z6 is printing a pink shade instead of just being white, the paper.

I don't understand why it's printing the pink background.

I tried changing the rendering intent from 'Perceptual' to 'Relative Colometric' and didn't work so tried absolute colometric and it helped for that file.

Tried a different file on absolute colometric and that showed a pink background.

Anyone have ideas?

The problem is like the image here that I found online

1F8812BD-7950-4EE4-8D34-1A469BAAE6A3.jpeg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Just a question, are you printing your own images or ones you have obtained online? One possibility is that the original creator embedded a pink tint to prevent people from making copies. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

No I'm using my own artwork/files.

I just posted that picture as I didn't have a chance to take a picture of my print.

Here's a link to the thread I saw with the same issue.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/DesignJet-Large-Format-Printers-Digital-Press/White-printing-as-light-...

HP Recommended

Any ideas by chance?

Magenta just expired today and is low at 20% if that's something to consider?

I was thinking of replacing but 20% left is still a good amount to use in my opinion

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.