Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP Designjet Z6
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have scoured Google for anyone with this same issue; right now, nearly every document we print is "printing" white as light pink. I say nearly because there's one poster that is inexplicably (but happily) not "printing" white. 

This is happening regardless of the color profiles we use; it is happening regardless of which program we print from, or which program the document was created in. It is happening whether we tell the printer to manage colors or not. I am seriously at a loss. When a part of a picture is white, the printer should do NOTHING! Other colors are printing true (so I wouldn't say that everything has a pink tint), it's just like the printer can't handle not printing anything so everything that is supposed to be white has juuuuuuuust a little bit of pink. 

An example: you can see the paper, and the poster that is supposed to have a white background. 

IMG_0088.jpg

It's maddening. Any tips? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Have you tried to make Color calibration first?

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06035577

Page 88 of manual

HP Recommended

Greetings!

We were having the same issue and HP support was absolutely no help. On our own and reading about the colors, we discovered that the following change removed the pink background from appearing:

1) On the printer, go to settings and select 'Color Options'.

2) Next, select 'Rendering Intent' and change from 'Perceptual' to 'Relative Colometric'.

We have printed several posters since then and no more pink backgrounds...hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.