cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
Steve61762
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Z2100 DesignJet 86:01 error - Speed error

HP Recommended
Z2100 DesignJet
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a large format plotter Z2100 Designjet. I continually get the same error 86:01 as the system boots up and I load paper.  Carriage always stos in the sam location - a few inched out of the service station.  I have done all the online suggestions: oiling cleaning ect.  The carriage moves freely befor and after the error.  

When I do the Scan Axis Diagnostics I get a speed error stating the max speed of 46 has been exceed (it is at 51.2).  Im not sure if the problems are related but its the only thin I got through the diagnostic process. Is there a way to lower the speed to come into spec? Any help would be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steve61762
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After trying all of the usual suggested fixes,  I tried a new Scan Axis Motor and it worked great.  Not a 86:01 error after that.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
juannqn
Level 2
Level 2
31 31 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello,

Did you try to clean the encoder strip?

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-sd-pro-scanner/7420666/model/7420667

As per your description the issue is only when loading paper rigth? 

it is the same issue if you load a sheet of paper?

BR

Juan

I am an HP employee
Steve61762
Author
Level 1
5 3 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

After trying all of the usual suggested fixes,  I tried a new Scan Axis Motor and it worked great.  Not a 86:01 error after that.

View solution in original post

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation