Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Hp Z2100 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Picked up an almost new Z2100 printer from a school. Had a broken belt. Sat for a few years. I replaced the belt. It would give me a 47:03 error. I resolved that. While cleaning everything up. I noticed the service station had a lot of dripped ink in it. Decided to clean it.  Now I am getting a 21:13 error. The printer has very few hours on it. It still had the cling plastic on the covers. According to the school. A student broke the belt while setting it up. Is there a procedure for cleaning and re installing the service station? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

the motor under the servicei station has got ink on it.

Take the motor out and clean it, or replace it.

make sure the tray can move freely.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

the motor under the servicei station has got ink on it.

Take the motor out and clean it, or replace it.

make sure the tray can move freely.

HP Recommended
There is not a written procedure, but you can take it out and carefully disassemble it remove the felt pads and rinse them very thoroughly at a sink, preferably a deep sink.

It will likely take about an hour to clean the pads.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I would like to thank everyone for their help. I removed the service station again. Cleaned the motor, it looked clean, but cleaned it again anyway. Now the error 21:13 is gone. Still dealing with the 47:03 error. Does anyone have any good ideas? 

HP Recommended

Cleaning the pads is how I got into the error to begin with. But cleaning it a 2nd time resolved the problem. I am now ack to dealing with the 47:03 error. I starwheel assmebly works. It goes up and down. Just keep getting the error. Any ideas? 

HP Recommended
Have you updated the printer firmware, there used to be issues that the update would keep you from getting a 47 error but once you were getting it you would have to replace the starwheel lift assembly.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

How do I update the firmware? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.