cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HarryOgloff
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Z3100 does not power up after changing belt

HP Recommended
Designjet Z3100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Changed out the belt on my 44" Z3100 and after putting it together again, it does not power up. I've reseated the cable connectors, reseated the formatter board and still nothing. Just get a faint click when I try to power on...nothing else, no fan noise, no disk drive noise...nothing.

Is my power supply dead, and if so why?

3 REPLIES 3
skuks
Level 5
249 247 13 34
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Try this article:

https://support.hp.com/ro-en/document/c03834162

Recheck again all connections...

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
HarryOgloff
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Based on the article, I have a dead power supply. Have no lights coming from it at all. Just a couple faint clicks when I turn the power on.

Still going to take apart the printer again and check all the cables to be sure I didn't inadvertently leave one not fully engaged.

Any idea how much work it is replacing a power supply. Also, will a power supply from a 24" model work in the 44" model?

thanks.

skuks
Level 5
249 247 13 34
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

First of all - recheck power cables and loosen connections.

Here is service manual:

https://www.printertec.com.br/arquivos_download/dsjz2100.pdf

I think power supplies are different - check page 7-14 -

Part Number -Q6675-60023 - for 24 inch

Part number - Q6677-60008 - for 44 inch.

My advise - don't experiment...

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation