Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z3200
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

We have a used Z3200 that was asking for two print heads. Replaced them all, and all was well for a while.  Powered the plotter down, removed from power for 1 week.  After powering up again the Z3200 will initialize. Then the display will go dark, the power botton will go dark, but the PS fan will continue to run.  In that state the power button will not turn the Z3200 back on.  The rear power switch will have to be turned of, then back on then the printer will go thru the same process, then shut down, fan running again.

Running dianostics, Electronic Mod passed. Carriage Passed.

Ran clear NVRam - OK

Printer asked for all print heads to be replaced, Ok, removed all and reseated all.

Printer went into prepairing print system, but as soon as it beeps all done, the printer shuts back down, blank display, and the green power button dark, but the powersupply fan running.

And suggestions or solutions out there? 

Spoiler

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank You for the information!

Here is what worked for me:

After going round and around with this, I removed all print heads, used tool to clean all contacts, two or three times. 

Then after seeing some sort of film on the back of the print heads, their contracts,I cleaned them as well.

I have seen this be an issue on the Z6100's.

Next I repeated the clear NVram process.

Went thru the replace print heads steps. 

The system went throught the 4 process's and did not fail this time.

Added paper, went thru all alignments, and  color calibration!

Back on line.

[All was fine previously, until I shut it down, and unplugged it a few weeks ago]

Thanks again!

Spoiler
:Wink:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You probably have an issue with one of the printheads but will be hard to determine.  First thing I would do is remove all printheads and ink cartridges and any paper.  I would now start the plotter and install each item as the display asks for them.  If the same issue and if you still have the old printheads from before I would try one of them at a time to see if you can get past where you are right now.  Also see if you can get into diagnostics mode and run carriage diagnostics.  You also may want to try cleaning the flex connector contacts that mate with the printhead contacts.

HP Recommended

Thank You for the information!

Here is what worked for me:

After going round and around with this, I removed all print heads, used tool to clean all contacts, two or three times. 

Then after seeing some sort of film on the back of the print heads, their contracts,I cleaned them as well.

I have seen this be an issue on the Z6100's.

Next I repeated the clear NVram process.

Went thru the replace print heads steps. 

The system went throught the 4 process's and did not fail this time.

Added paper, went thru all alignments, and  color calibration!

Back on line.

[All was fine previously, until I shut it down, and unplugged it a few weeks ago]

Thanks again!

Spoiler
:Wink:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.