cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
kspl
Level 3
64 22 4 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

Z3200 No longer prompts for roll length when loading new roll after replacing Print Mech board & HD

HP Recommended
HP Z3200 24" Non-PS Rev A
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I have two identical Z3200s that have both always prompted for roll length when loading, then tracked the remaining paper. I recently had a Print Mech board go down, so I replaced both it and the HD since they're a matched pair. 

Now when loading a new roll, I get prompted for paper type but it skips the length prompt and defaults to "unknown length."

Any suggestions?  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kspl
Author
Level 3
64 22 4 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved it. Bob Wert at lpscomputers.com was kind enough to research the solution for me:

From front panel:

-Settings (wrench icon)
-Printing Preferences
-Paper Options
-Enable Track Media Length

That's it!

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
kspl
Author
Level 3
64 22 4 4
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved it. Bob Wert at lpscomputers.com was kind enough to research the solution for me:

From front panel:

-Settings (wrench icon)
-Printing Preferences
-Paper Options
-Enable Track Media Length

That's it!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation