Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z6100
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a Z6100 that is showing all 8 ink cartridges as being faulty. 

I have installed a new set of tubes, a new printmech pca, reset the EEROM, updated the firmware and put a full new set of 8 cartridges.

Once the unit finishes initializing, all 8 cartridges are flashing, and the screen says to replace the faulty cartridge.  I can reseat them and they stop flashing.  When I press OK, it goes right back to flashing and says to replace.

I'm not sure where to go at this point.  Anyon encountered this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

sorry--I forgot about this--I should have come back and posted.

After replacing all of the stuff I mentioned in my original post, and with nothing else working, I was going to reseat the saulsolito board as that was about the only thing I hadn't done.  When I went to pull off the connectors, I saw the blue ribbon connnector was oh so very  slightly cocked.  It was barely noticable.  I pushed it in, and the unit booted normally.  How or why it wasn't fully seated I have no clue, but that was it--except for one good bang of my head on the wall!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Access the EWS and check the Priner serial number, model number and error log, look for anything suspicious

Run the Air Pump System Test and Electronics Module test

Also, from the diagnostic menu access Service Special Utilities > Check Ink Supplies

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

I had thia issue back in January. It began with a power issue. I replaced the Power Supply then this issue started.

We replaced the APS and the Tube system but neither repaired the issue.

Final resolution was replacing the Printmech PCA.

Good Luck,

RoyK

HP Recommended

sorry--I forgot about this--I should have come back and posted.

After replacing all of the stuff I mentioned in my original post, and with nothing else working, I was going to reseat the saulsolito board as that was about the only thing I hadn't done.  When I went to pull off the connectors, I saw the blue ribbon connnector was oh so very  slightly cocked.  It was barely noticable.  I pushed it in, and the unit booted normally.  How or why it wasn't fully seated I have no clue, but that was it--except for one good bang of my head on the wall!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.