Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hello,  I am having some banding issues on my large format printer. (HP700W latex printer)  I often print on Avery Dennison 1105 vinyl and cannot get this horizontal banding to go away.  I have only printed off this new printer a couple of months.  I just recently did a print head alignment and a cleaning.  However, I am still seeing banding in my prints.  Any suggestions or advice on things I could try?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi.

If you made all cleaning procedures as in manual (from page189 - cleaning from printer menu, electrical connections on printhead and carriage) and still banding occurs, you may try to clean clogged nozzles of defective printhead with lint-free cloth and distilled water. There are few links about how to do it::

https://youtu.be/PP6WwQdDUTM

[Content Removed]

If banding continues, you have to replace those printheads, but I think you should try all cleaning procedures again and clean electrical contacts on printhead with wipers included in Cleaning kit. Just be cautious when cleaning not to damage contacts or nozzles.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.