Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, im having this error message when i try to print anything from any software. I have tried upgrading the firmware, new drivers from hp, compatibility in other pc, i have tried  printing via usb and ethernet, and nothing.

I can print internal pages from the plotter as status, calibration pages and others with no problem, its just a trouble when i try to print from pc.

I hope you can help me with this issue. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just check on hp website for dj510 & no pcl driver available, only the gl2. but the pcl driver for dj500 might work fine & available. I try get the link & it won't allow me..

DesignJet 500 PCL3GUI 64-bit Driver

you go to hp website... support..... software /driver....... designjet 500    ....   download the pcl driver.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Download the PCL driver & see what happen... after you download it & unzip to a directory where you can easily remember.

then go to printer property & change setting... update driver.... have disk.... point to that directory where you saved the pcl

driver....

I do not remember exact steps... pay attention yourself.

HP Recommended

Hello friend, thanks for the answer, i dont know what is a plc driver, where i can find them?. I have tried with the drivers provided by hp.

thanks a lot

HP Recommended

I just check on hp website for dj510 & no pcl driver available, only the gl2. but the pcl driver for dj500 might work fine & available. I try get the link & it won't allow me..

DesignJet 500 PCL3GUI 64-bit Driver

you go to hp website... support..... software /driver....... designjet 500    ....   download the pcl driver.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, i installed the plc driver for designjet 500, it worked, but now i have another problem.

The plc driver that is avaliable in hp website is for the 24" plotter. I have the 42" plotter and i cant print in more than A1 size...

HP Recommended

should work on 24 & 42".. you might forgot to pick the 42" model when you update the driver. go back & do it again.

screen should have at least 6 models, included the mono ..

PCL driver is better, faster & trouble free... GL2 not too stable & always problems when image files were large.

sometimes stops half way printing. I seen countless times before.

Now I am using Z3100, Z3200... only use PCL drivers....

HP Recommended

hi your problem is related to proseccing job, check the file that not larger than 500 mb, after that check the gl2 card is working properly.

HP Recommended

hello navid, the files that i have tried to print never had more than 150mb. The problem got solved by installind the plc driver for the hp designjet 500 (even tought i have a designjet 510, it worked perfectly)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.