Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet z6200
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I am trying to print from mac on our z6200. But it keeps comming up with the error 61:01. I have tried with different drivers, both from hp's homepage and the one that is on the original cd. I have tried on 3 different mac's. Works fine on pc. 

Also tried updating the firmware on the printer. But it still doesn't seem to work. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

I'm guessing here...

It is a Language/File Format thing.  The output file is wrong.

Change the graphic language setting
You can change the graphic language setting from the HP Utility with the following steps.
1.  Under Windows,  select the Settings  tab then  Printer settings  >  Printing preferences.
      Under Mac OS,   select Configuration then Printer settings > Configure printer settings  > Printing references.

2.  Select one of the following options.
Select Automatic  to let the printer determine which type of  file it is receiving. This is the
default setting; it works for most software applications. You should not normally need to
change it.

Select  HP-GL/2  only if you are sending a file of that  type directly to th
e printer, without going through a printer driver.

Select  PDF  only if you are sending a file of that  type directly to the printer, without going
through a printer driver (with the PostScript/PDF upgrade).

Select PostScript  only if you are sending a file of that  type directly to the printer, without
going through a printer driver (with the PostScript/PDF upgrade).

Select TIFF only if you are sending a file of that type directly to the printer, without going through a printer driver.

Select JPEG only if you are sending a file of that type directly to the printer, without going
through a printer driver.

You can change the graphic language setting from  the front panel. Select  the Setup menu icon , then Printing preferences > Select graphic language. Select the desired option and press the OK  key to set the value.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Cause:

The file format is incorrect and the printer cannot process the job

Solution:

● Try to do a first level of troubleshooting by : Turn off the printer using the switch at the rear, and disconnect the power cord. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
● If it doesnt help, check the graphic language setting of the printer

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping! .
If my post help resolve your issue, please mark as "RESOLVED"
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.