cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Latex Knowledge Center · Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
tordal
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

error 81:01

HP Recommended
z2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Still have problems loading (roll) paper: On a good day, when loaded, I print eg. a diagnostic  image; after printing, printer cuts through the print (5 cm strip off) and messages:  81:01 Possible paper jam

According to advice here and in the manual, I should run the Paper Drive Test (3 x even(!))

Trying that once, I reached the PWM test, after which the printer said: 81:01 Possible paper jam

Back to square one!

Pls. advise

TIA

3 REPLIES 3
Valsimot
Level 12
Level 12
6,339 6,322 753 1,060
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You might have dirty (or damaged) encoder disc or defective encoder disc sensor.

My profile on LinkedIn

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
tordal
Author
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

(Why) Would that disrupt the test halfway through?

tordal
Author
Level 1
17 13 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why does my beloved "HP Team" post this: "The question that you posted, error 81:01, on 04-02-2018 02:29 AM in the HP Support Forum has received a response", when the response is from myself?
RSVP!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation