Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet 500 42" C7770B
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We had a Designjet 500 given to us. The previous owner told us that the motherboard was bad and that they had tried fixing it but the motherboard was a non serviceable item. We located a motherboard online and i have replaced it. Numbers match on motherboard.  When I power it up it gives me the 11:11 code for trailing cable.  I have gone through and reseated cable. The redline on the carriage was covered by the clip and I have reset that alignment to match service manual. The electronics module has a tag on it that is marked as c7779-60013. That number relates to a 24" model. Are they interchangable? I can't get past the error code on start-up, is there a way to continue past it? Maybe a calibration or something? Any thoghts or direction would be appreciated.

Thank You

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Don't know of any way to get past the 11:11 error code.   You'll probably need to remove the cables from the sockets on the board and closely examine the ends for any damage.  They're a little tricky to seat without folding back the foil ends.  Did you disconnect the trailing cable from the carriage also?  If so, I'd look there first since the sockets sit at a slight angle and are notorious for getting damaged when seating the cable.  New trailing cables for that printer are pretty cheap on Ebay and not difficult to replace.  

Not sure if the modules are interchangeable.  Hopefully someone else comes along that can answer that.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.