Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

HI I have had this error a few times

Once it was the formatter main PCA - which is very rare 

The more likley fault is the carriage board.

Its a mission to replace it - both side covers off -  free carriage from  service station as detailed in other posts, remove the lhs plate, belt tesnioner  and encode strip,  remove printheads, losen ink tube  scews and  pull carriage from the  rail at the same time remove tubes. This is Tricky

Then remove trailing cable,  PCA cover and then  disconnenct 6 delicate ribbons cable from printhead to PCA ( quite tricky) and 2 little other cable

The board is now removeable - so just reverse the whole process  one this is done and boot the printer. 

You can check if the fault is cleared by booting once all the cables are in place  - you dont need to re asseble the whole machine. 

Without the encoder it wont go further than a certain point and give other errors. 86.01 probably

An 11.11 error is the trailing cable no installed correctly. 

Unless you have no budget or quite good at fiddly and compliciated work and want a challenge I might be bette finding an experiance engineer to do the work.

Ive not checked the board but it likely to be common to Z2100 Z3100 Z3200 

***If you do try there is one very hazardous part. ***

The carriage has a bearing/ bush  at the top edge.

When putting the carriage back on the rails this can snap off. 

The are available for $10  or so but if you are careful you wont break it. 

This part is essential as it lifts the carriage up at the front and prevents the hards / cariage crashing into paper  / other stuff. 

If its not there printer will be noisey and not print right.

Hope this helps 

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Peter your post would be more helpful if you posted the model number of the plotter. Also on most designjet printers the carriage board can be removed with removing the carriage so that is why your model number is important. Also for most designjet printers you can download the service manual after doing a google search which will give you step directions and also give you the correct part names for the items. Just my two cents.

HP Recommended

Hi,

My machine is DesignJet Z5200, I have the same problem (2.1:10).

I bought a new carriage and trailing cable and replaced it, but after the replacement still the same error message, I don't know where there may be problems?

And when I replaced it, I found that the old trailing cable was damaged, and the internal copper wire was even exposed. I don't know if this might cause more parts to burn out(?)

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, I found that the capacitor of the PCA burned twice. There is an electrical discharge when the printer asks to load paper for printhead calibration. I don't know what's going on, I'm investigating some short circuit but I haven't found anything so far. Could the belt tension be too high?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.