Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
z2100
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Changed belt, cleaned encoder strip, still have code ? cleaned the encoder strip, carridge moves freely on start up then stops just after service staion and code shows again

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I seen this error on my last repair Z3100 44" & when carriage box moved to the left & shaked little & that error

came up..

At the end I replaced the scan axis motor & no error & loaded paper to perform printhead alignment.

If you have one lay around & try to swap it. Easy, just release the tension of belt &  few screws..

No garrantee, for reference only...

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply 🙂 Not gat a spare motor so will order a new one to try

HP Recommended

before you buy a new motor,    check   & try  tension of the belt, lubricate the silver metal rod .

Myself did not believe it, because prior repair & the printer had  no that error message. I spent over a week & got

no solution & at then end I made the decision.

My post should be still on this board.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the reply I have rechecked belt tension and lubricated Rod no joy as yet Will get new motor and try that

HP Recommended

send me a personal message with your mailing address. I have a Z3100 24" I use for strip parts & I take the motor out &

ship to you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.