Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Z2100 designjet 44inch
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hey,

I see dripped ink on the silver rail , and when i look at the yellow printhead its full of ink as well where it sits on the carrige

I have attached photos so its easier to understand.

The plotter is printing fine so far. and no leaked  ink is getting on the paper. no leaking on the floor.

i was advised to replace the ink nozzle, is that really the solution from what you can see?

if so how do i replace the nozzle?  didnt see any info online

IMG_20190613_134931.jpgIMG_20190613_114218.jpgIMG_20190613_114208.jpg

The failing part?

Printer-Ink-Nozzles-Connection-Repair-Part-for-HP.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It happens. You need to remove ink tubes assembly from the carriage, disassemble it and check is it a nozzle or ink tube leaking.

If you discover that it's the nozzle, you have 4 that are not used ( 2 empty places for printheads on carriage), you can take one off and replace them.

Check service manual ( page 336) how to remove ink tubes from the carriage, 4 screws only 5 minutes job,  the disassembly of tubes isn't explained in service manual because HP wants you to buy new tubes, not to repair old one.  When you remove ink tubes from carriage you will figure out how to disassemble it.

My profile on LinkedIn

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.