Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T2530mfp
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

I have tried to do a paper advance calibration on the Designjet T2530mfp, using the service manual, and i couldn't figure out

where (and how) to put  "the printed Paper Advance Calibration pattern" for scanning, when it have been print, when i select "Print Calibration Pattern".

Is it in the scanner (on top) or on top of the cover of the roll #2, like if i would like to print on a sheet of paper?

It's mention "A message will appear advising you that you will need to load the Calibration Pattern into the product.
Make sure that you rotate the printed pattern 90° clockwise and reload it printed-side down, so that the
black arrows go into the product first".

So it should be the printed side face down, if i put it in the scanner, the scanner scan the other side (Face up).

If i put it printed-side down on top of the roll #2 cover (like it's show on the screen) from where does it scan? from the carriage sensor?

Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The paper advanced calibration should be ( recommended) printed on the sheet and the printed side goes UP when loading for the 2nd step.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

In the 2nd step of the paper advance calibration, the carriage sensor reads marks from the sheet you printed in the 1st step. Nothing to do with the scanner.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thanks.

Does the printed part of the pattern goes down? So the carriage sensor read the back of the pattern?

HP Recommended

Hi.

I mean, does the printed side goes face up or face down on the cover of the roller #2?

HP Recommended

The paper advanced calibration should be ( recommended) printed on the sheet and the printed side goes UP when loading for the 2nd step.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi.

The problem seems to be solve after using HP OEM paper. The core was shorter on the compatible paper, wich seem to create the problem. After replacing the paper with OEM paper & choosing HP paper on the menu, the printer did a calibration and after that, no more errors 39.11 or 39.12.

I tried back  the compatible paper and it still didn't work. Put back the OEM, it work.

Thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.