Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I have an HP DesignJet 5500 with UV inks.  The PDF was working just fine and then I got a new roll of paper and now it alternates between printing very  clear and crisp, then blurry.  For example, the printhead goes back and forth up and down the roll of paper printing very clear then it prints blurry for an inch or two, the an inch or two clear.  The new roll of paper is the same type of paper that was working fine.  I tried changing the paper settings and making a new PDF file but nothing seems to help.  Any ideas?  I can upload more pictures if that would help.

printer sample

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The first sentence sould read "The printer was working fine"   Not, "the PDF was working fine".  

The problem was the new roll of media was heavy and the printer rollers were slipping and couldn't turn the spindle and roll easily.  I cleaned the printer rollers and platten and oiled the ends of the spindle that holds the media and now it prints fine.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The first sentence sould read "The printer was working fine"   Not, "the PDF was working fine".  

The problem was the new roll of media was heavy and the printer rollers were slipping and couldn't turn the spindle and roll easily.  I cleaned the printer rollers and platten and oiled the ends of the spindle that holds the media and now it prints fine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.