Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
designjet 5500ps 42 inch
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

OK here is what is going on

I tried to attach olotter to computer by way of router.

When I installed the driver for the designjet 5500 series  version 4.1.100.1332 it starts and gives me a plotter to highligh and istall. But the error comes up ..... setup was unable to complete the installation.....

So I thought it was windows firewall blocking install, so I disconnected the internet and turned off windows firewall

now I get the message ....install network protocols    windows  tcp/ip

the attaching cable I am using is

cat 6 patch cable, 4 pair upt obtained from ebay link below

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14FT-Cat6-Bare-Copper-24AWG-Patch-cable-pick-from-8-colors/162328561929?ssPa...

Before I attempted this I reset the I/O card and got a new ip address from plotters front pannel

the router I am using is a Net gear wireless router model WGR614W9  I am using 1 of the hardwire ports and not a wireless one

I know when dealing with network setup if you do one thing or type one thing wrong you open up a BIG can of worms !

thanks for any help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I have no idea what driver you are trying to install and what method you are using. Below is a link to the driver you should be using and below that are instructions on the method to install.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-5500-printer-series/82218/mo...

Once you download the driver you need to run the downloaded program. A box will come up with a directory path highlighted in blue. You change that path to read C:\5500 and then click on the unzip button. Now on the computer go to devices and printer and choose add printer, local printer and then choose create port and in the drop down choose standard tcp/ip, next and put in the ip address of the printer and remove the check mark in the query printer and then next and when you get to the makers page, say have disk and then navigate to the C:\5500 folder in your c drive and continue and choose the inf file and click ok ahd then you choose your model and finish up the installation and it should now work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have no idea what driver you are trying to install and what method you are using. Below is a link to the driver you should be using and below that are instructions on the method to install.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-designjet-5500-printer-series/82218/mo...

Once you download the driver you need to run the downloaded program. A box will come up with a directory path highlighted in blue. You change that path to read C:\5500 and then click on the unzip button. Now on the computer go to devices and printer and choose add printer, local printer and then choose create port and in the drop down choose standard tcp/ip, next and put in the ip address of the printer and remove the check mark in the query printer and then next and when you get to the makers page, say have disk and then navigate to the C:\5500 folder in your c drive and continue and choose the inf file and click ok ahd then you choose your model and finish up the installation and it should now work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.