Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T1300
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I'm running into an issue where the paper sensor is "stuck on"; when I try to reload a roll of paper the onscreen prompt says "remove roll from sheet path" but there is no paper present in the sheet path.  I've looked online for a schematic that would show me the exact location of the sheet sensor but haven't found anything in the HP manual or any available online resources.  I've attempted blowing compressed air in the area where i think the sensor might be it hasn't worked.  Has anyone else encountered this issue?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Location of sheet sensor can be seen on the picture, use compressed air to blow that part where sheet starts to enter in a printer, first locate 2 small holes on each side for sensor ant then clean them.

sheet sensor.png

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

IN ABSENCE OF COMPRESSED AIR WHAT OTHER METHOD CAN I USE TO CLEAR THE ERRO?

HP Recommended

ZESCO:  Have you tried loading a sheet into the printer?  Or are you getting the message when you try to load a roll?

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended
It happens when we try to load a roll
HP Recommended

Have you had success in loading rolls before?

Sometimes it's easy to get the paper into the wrong slot when loading.

HP Recommended
Yes we've loaded rolls many, many, many times from both feed trays.
HP Recommended

Got it.

Here's a link to the service manual.  It shows how to do a diagnostic check on all the sensors.

https://www.partshere.com/manuals/viewer.asp?model=CR651A#page=16

There's other service manuals out there you can download and print out if you need to.

The reason I asked about the loading was because I've had errors before where it says to unload the roll, even though there was no paper present and it turned out to be a lever-type media sensor that was the problem.  But I think the single sheet paper sensor is an optical one.  It should show it in the service manual.

You might have to remove some of the plastic pieces to access the sheet load sensor.  Should be an easy fix.  Let us know how it works out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.