Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
officejet 5255
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

i don't know if this is the right forum since ethernet cables aren't listed in the options.

my old 8600 finally died, much to my disappointment.  outside of the print heads being over expensive to replace, it was a fine all in one printer.  my problem now is i don't like wireless, there are always to many problems when you have multiple hubs in your house like i do.  right now my cat 6 cables won't fit in the ethernet ports of the printer.  they fit in my computer, and the hub the computer is in, but the ethernet ports are to small in the back of the printer for a standard mail fitting. 

i am afraid of the answer to my next question actually.  is hp trying to create proprietary equipment for their product?  it will be a shame if they are cause i won't use them anymore and i'll return the product i have to the store where i got it and purchase something else.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

🙂

HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Officejet 5200 printer offers USB and  wireless connectivity, it doesn’t offer any ethernet connection.

Most HP Officejet printers don’t offer ethernet connection, Officejet Pro and select Laserjet printers offer such functionality, not all HP Printers.

You may find its Connectivity specifications listed below:

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c05945858#AbT2

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

so why is that?  i don't understand.  so what your telling me is, that in order for this particular printer to be part of a specific network, i have to have a wireless hub connected to that specific network.  OR i have to buy multiple printers and direct connect them to each wired computer in the network.  where is the convenience in that?  i have one wireless hub for all the wireless devices in the home, with a printer conected.  the problem with this design is that, by what you seem to be explaining to me,  i have to direct connect this hub to the wireless hub in order for this network to pick up the printer.  you do realize, that that will over work the single port of the wireless hub and slow down both networks right?  at the very least it will slow down the downstairs network, if the hub allows me to draw that much through a single port.  see your error in design, you need to put the ethernet ports back in all your printers, they used to all have them.  see right now i have two printers on the wireless hub and my network isn't accessing it, which i have to research to understand why.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.