Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about cartridges, Click here to check it out!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet T520 24-in Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I hope someone can advise me on which paper type to select in the printing preferences and on the printer when using HP Everyday Adhesive Matte Polypropylene on a hp T520 printer.

Many Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Can someone from HP not answer a simply question.

What paper type to select on a printer when  both the paper and printer are hp and the printer blurb says it supports that paper.

What is the point in buying HP papers, might as well buy much cheaper alternatives.

HP Recommended

What options does the printer show you?  There should be a long-ish list in the paper selection menu on the front screen of the printer.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply

The driver and printer have the same paper types just under different headers.

paper options.jpg

HP Recommended

I think I would try the satin polypropylene first as a test and see if it behaves the way you expect.  If not, switch to the adhesive paper setting.

Be sure to allow plenty of dry time.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Thanks for the advice. I was hoping for a definitive answer but, at least you have helped narrow it down. I found mention of using matt film on another model of HP printer, so it looks like 3 paper types to experiment (read waste paper) with.

I still don't understand how HP can list the specific paper type in the brochure for the printer and then not support it directly in the printer itself or offer guidance for its use.

Again, thanks for your input.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.