Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

The power supply certainly helped but we still had plenty of phones going down. Poly could never give us an estimated date on when they would have replacement phones for us so we ended up ordering Yealink phones and got a return for the Poly phones.

HP Recommended

We have purchased over 100 of these phones and they have been fine for about a year but in the last few weeks we have seen 3 of the Rev A VVX 250 phones fail. First they will start dropping calls then powering off randomly and increasing in frequency if you continue to use them.

HP Recommended

I am having this same issue. 

HP Recommended

Hi ! 

I'm sorry about your troubles ! I can TOTALLY relate ! 

This is a " known issue " with HP / Poly .

There is a component that was installed backwards.  Yes, you read that correctly. 

On top of that, there appears to be a second problem with that model.   When I sent a list of MAC addresses for the units we have had to replace for our end users, Poly advised many were NOT part of the " known issue " .

When I pressed them on this point, they acknowledged that there is also something else going on with that model that doesn't appear to relate to the backward part.   

Not sure what the problem is now but I can tell you Poly was slipping before HP acquired it and it's falling fast now. 

Good luck :S 

HP Recommended

Hello  @GSR_Justin ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

As explained before in this topic HP Poly is aware. Simply call our service organization and provide the relevant details and they will help you.

I am unaware of where @HRHatFEN has their information from but any manufacturer can have this happen to them. HP Poly will replace any faulty phones.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

We have had the same power off/dead phone/hissing issue,   we deployed about 100 phones in Janurary / February 2023 and over the past 60 days, 10 have failed.  Awaiting RMA action through the vendor,  (GoTo).

I am surprised they have not recalled these as a 10% failure rate is totally unacceptable, and if they know about the issue its even more of a concern, no matter the reason for the failure.

We have requested the Vendor replace all VVx250 phones as they are all Rev A or B and are failing weekly. (2 more reported this morning)

This is ripe for a class action suit.

HP Recommended

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

Have a great day!

Alden4
HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Great news,  after working with GoTo and HP,  HP agreed to replace 117 VVX 250 phones with the new Edge 250 phones!

HP Recommended

Hi what you mention below is indicative of VVX 250 Revision A and B phones. Is this the case? You can qualify this by looking at the rear of the handset. Poly/HP are actively replacing these if you raise an RMA with them. We have sent back 200 of these thus far and they have been replaced with Rev D which do not suffer from the issue you describe. We spent a good couple of months troubleshooting this issue before reading about the issue in another community forum.

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

We are currently experiencing the same issues as all of you have described.  We're losing 2-3 phones per week and our provider (RingCentral) is telling us that we're the only people to be experiencing this phenomenon.  I sent them the link to this page.  How does one go about getting in touch with HP/Poly about this issue?  We got our phones over this past summer and every serial # I type in tells me it's out of warranty.  Online chat doesn't work at all.  What is the solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.