Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: HP ENVY Curved All-in-One PC 34-b0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

After struggling to fix this very strange issue I discovered yesterday, I'm at my wit's end and frustration max, hence this post for help. Please bare with me, as I might be over-explaining some things here...

I'm not 100% sure I'm posting this to the proper section... I connect my PS4 console to my desktop monitor via HDMI. I've been doing this with this desktop since setting up, shortly after Christmas 2017. I usually play while using beats headphones -- which I connect through the console's controller -- but sometimes, when I won't be disturbing anyone, I let the audio play from the monitor itself. Yesterday, I tried to play with the audio coming from the monitor, and I noticed there was no sound.
I fought with my devices (the PS4 and the Desktop) for well over 5 hours yesterday, trying to figure things out -- which included numerous google searches, many restarts of the  computer and PS4 console, some hard shut downs of the computer and PS4 console, repeated use of the troublshooting functions in the "audio sound settings", and reading of many posts/articles from this very forum.... but none of those problems really matched my own and none of the solutions worked to fix my issue. Through all the frustrations I have learned some things:
1) the issue is NOT from the PS4 console
2) the issue is NOT from the HDMI cord
--I know this because I hooked the PS4 up to 2 different TVs without changing any PS4 settings and everything worked perfectly. I also tried a different HDMI cord with the desktop, and the same problem persisted.
3) I do not think it's an issue with the Audio Drivers, as I updated the drivers in an attempt to fix this to no avail as well.
4) while the audio does not play the music/sounds it normally does, it DOES make a sound when the PS4 master volume is tested (attached picture) 45444678_576836206080671_2713548668186656768_n.jpg
5) If audio is playing on the desktop before i switch to HDMI display, the audio from the desktop will continue to play AND will play at a high volume than than what it was doing while in desktop mode. It usually has some small, choppy, breaks while transitioning from desktop to HDMI.
6) It  is doing what I described in "5)" even when I have "all audio" set to play out of the headphones (the game audio will play out of the headphones properly while this happens, while the sounds from the desktop will play despite being in HDMI display -- and again, it plays the sound at a much louder volume than it was at on the desktop)

I recently just tried uninstalling ALL of the audio devices I could find in device manager... those items were: a couple of Beats Headset items, "Realtek High Definition Audio" items (note -- this includes the "Stereo Mix (Realtek High definition Audio)" as well), and "Intel(R) Display Audio" (note -- I also see this under "Display adapters" in the device manager... except it's "Intel(R) HD Graphics 630"... additionally, under the same "display adapters" device there is "Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics" -- I don't see anything in the audio section relating to this item). Removing these items DID NOT stop audio from playing from the monitor during on the PS4's master volumes testing, nor did it stop anything that was properly playing from the headphones. this leads me to believe that the HDMI audio is supposed to be completely separate from the desktop items/software.

I've also downloaded/installed all of the recent items that were recommended by the HP assist.

I don't really know what else to check or do... and I'm quite stressed/frustrated after all of this... is this function of my desktop/monitor just busted?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Moe050

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting audio issues on your computer.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HDMI button when pressed switches to TV but without the sound

HP Recommended

@JENNYBEADWAGNER - I was having this exact same issue until I updated to the latest Realtek audio driver (6.0.1.8551 Rev.A, in my case) from the HP Support site - that fixed HDMI input audio

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.