Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There's a window that looks like some kind of audio switch on my screen, always on top. I've tried closing it, uninstalling it, restart many times, it's still there, in the front, whatever I do. I have no idéa why it opened or why it's even there. I'll include a screenshot with the window and my system info.

Vittra_3-1585056586037.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Vittra

Thank you for posting back. 

Let's perform Microsoft system restoreSystem Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected: Here is a link to perform a system restorehttps://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

1. Shutdown the computer. 
  2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
  3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
  4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
  5. Click on Troubleshoot. 
  6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Restore. 
  7. Choose a Restore point or a Restore date when the computer was working fine. 
  8. Click on OK to initialize the System Restore.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Vittra
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and then Alt-T to open Task Manager's Applications tab. Press the down arrow, and then Shift-down arrow to select all the programs listed in the window and select end task this should close the Audio switch window.

Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That was the first thing I did. It did not help.

I have since also uninstalled audio switch, and it does not show up anywhere on my computer, including task manager.

Still, the window is still there.

HP Recommended

@Vittra

Let's perform Microsoft system restoreSystem Restore returns your computer to the files and settings from the restore point. Your personal files and documents are not affected: Here is a link to perform a system restorehttps://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03327545

1. Shutdown the computer. 
  2. Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears. 
  3. Press F11 once for System Recovery. 
  4. Choose the Keyboard Layout. 
  5. Click on Troubleshoot. 
  6. Go to Recovery Manager and click on System Restore. 
  7. Choose a Restore point or a Restore date when the computer was working fine. 
  8. Click on OK to initialize the System Restore.

Please click “

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I suppose this might have been a solution for most people, but for some reason it won't let me reset. So I tried to just erase everything and do a full reset. It won't let me do that either. I feel like I've tried everything, I've been at this for days. At this point I feel my best solution might be to throw the whole computer out the window.

HP Recommended

I solved it. It looked like HP audio switch, but it was really xbox game bar, that I didn't know I had.

HP Recommended

@Vittra

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.