Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p-7-1436s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Beats audio control panel would not work when i selected it from the cortana menu.  How do i get full functionality of beats audio again? When i click on it it says it cannot find C:\WINDOWS\system32\IDTNC64.cpl.  I checked myself. not there. any help would be greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since your PC is not supported by HP for W10, I think you will probably have to live with the half victory.

I think everyone in your situation has no headphone support after installing that driver.

But they have sound and the Beats audio, where prior to installing that driver, they either had no sound, or no beats audio, or both.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT audio driver restores the Beats audio...

Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

HP Recommended

Thank You for the help!  The volume now comes out of the rear green audio jack but not the front one on my desktop (the one with the Beats audio symbol above it) just wondering if this is a necessary evil with this driver or update, not the most computer savvy person but I think these jacks should be connected to each other, or related somehow.  Just wondering how I could get the front headphone jack to work now that the back one does.  

Thanks again,

R Wilschek

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since your PC is not supported by HP for W10, I think you will probably have to live with the half victory.

I think everyone in your situation has no headphone support after installing that driver.

But they have sound and the Beats audio, where prior to installing that driver, they either had no sound, or no beats audio, or both.

HP Recommended

My HP 220-1025 had the same problem. The link you posted, worked.  Problem solved.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.