2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Solved!

Beats Audio Control Panel not found HP Pavilion

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p-7-1436s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Beats audio control panel would not work when i selected it from the cortana menu.  How do i get full functionality of beats audio again? When i click on it it says it cannot find C:\WINDOWS\system32\IDTNC64.cpl.  I checked myself. not there. any help would be greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,002 119,180 19,453 29,727
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT audio driver restores the Beats audio...

Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

RWilschek
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank You for the help!  The volume now comes out of the rear green audio jack but not the front one on my desktop (the one with the Beats audio symbol above it) just wondering if this is a necessary evil with this driver or update, not the most computer savvy person but I think these jacks should be connected to each other, or related somehow.  Just wondering how I could get the front headphone jack to work now that the back one does.  

Thanks again,

R Wilschek

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since your PC is not supported by HP for W10, I think you will probably have to live with the half victory.

I think everyone in your situation has no headphone support after installing that driver.

But they have sound and the Beats audio, where prior to installing that driver, they either had no sound, or no beats audio, or both.

adorable6595
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My HP 220-1025 had the same problem. The link you posted, worked.  Problem solved.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation