Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY DESKTOP 795-0007na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I can't burn music files to CD either via Itunes or Windows Media Player. It just opens the CD drawer and an error message apperas = 0xc0AA0301.  I have checked out possible solutions and one was to locate the registry file   4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE-10318. However, despite an extensive search I cannot find the file and have concluded it is missing from the registry. Given this I can't follow the remaiing promts for the solution.  Any ideas?  It's a brand new computer that I bought only a gew weeks ago and all I want to do is burn  a few songs to CD.  Frustratingly, this was no problem on my 8 year old machine!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ALLMODCONS

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Are you able to play CDs?

Try these steps

1. In Windows, search for and open regedit.

If you are prompted for an Administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Searching for regedit

2. Select Computer in the main window.

Registry Editor

3. Click File, Export, type a filename that is easy for you to remember, and then click Save.

A copy of the registry is saved for back-up purposes to the Documents folder. If problems occur after using these steps, browse to the file, and then double-click it to restore the registry.

4. Click the arrow next to the following items in the list to expand the items:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    • SYSTEM
    • CurrentControlSet
    • Control
    • Class
  5. Select 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318. Make sure you have selected this exact key name.

6. If a LowerFilters value is listed on the right side of the registry editor window, select the LowerFilters value and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

Registry Editor with LowerFilters value selected

7. If an UpperFilters value is also listed, select UpperFilters in the right side of the window and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

8. Delete all other UpperFilters and LowerFilters values within the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key if any exist.

9. Close the Registry Editor, restart the computer, and then wait until Windows configures the necessary drivers for new hardware.

10. NOTE: If you do not find any lower and upper filters then follow the remaining instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03280697

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi - thanks for the help. However, this is the solution I was following but I only got to point 5 because the registry file stated at point 5 was missing. 

CD' s play as normal. Any further help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

@ALLMODCONS

The laser alignment and the hardware that supports it must retain a high degree of accuracy. As the CD/DVD drive in your computer ages, it is affected by vibration, dust, mechanical wear, and other factors.

I suggest you run a Hardware Test on the Optical drive

- Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. 
- When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- On the main menu, click Component Tests and CD/DVD or Optical drive

If the test pass and the issue persists please perform a Reset

You can follow the instructions in this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.