Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 23xt Beats Special Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I use my Envy 23xt All-in-one desktop as the monitor when I'm gaming on my Nintendo Switch console. I used to be able to increase or decrease the audio when I am gaming using the volume keys on the keyboard and the ones on the sides of the monitor. However, I am now only able to mute by pressing the mute button on the keyboard or unmute when I press the increase or decrease volume buttons on the keyboard. So now, the audio is stuck on a low level when I am gaming and does not change no matter what I do. This wasn't always the case as I used to be able to change the volume but for some reason now I cannot. Note that there are no volume issues when I'm using the actual computer and when I'm not using it as an HDMI output.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Guidjet

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's run updates from the HP Support Assistant and Windows:

Step 1 Windows Updates -  

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates.  

2) Check for updates.  

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates -  

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant.  

2) Check for updates.  

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Also, run the SFC scan. you can refer to this Link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4026529/windows-10-using-system-file-checker.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, I updated my Windows 8 and as for HP Support Assistant, there were no updates. And this is what I got when I ran SFC scan. Anyhow, the issue remains unsolved.Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

Let's do a system restore: 

1) Save any open files and close all open programs.

2) In Windows, search for restore, and then open Create a restore point from the results list.

3) On the System Protection tab, click System Restore.

4) Click Next.

5) Click the Restore Point that you want to use, then click Next.

6) Click Finish to restore your computer to a previous point.

7) Do not interrupt System Restore when it starts. This can corrupt your hard drive and create more problems. 😎 Click Yes in the warning that appears.

9) System Restore returns the computer configuration to a previous point in time and restarts.

PS: Performing a system restore will not delete any files.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accept as solution" button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I followed the steps, but the only system restore point was on July 23rd which was too recent. Nonetheless, I went through with the system restore process and the issue hasn't been resolved. 

HP Recommended

When the Nintendo is connected we will need to enable the Nintendo as default audio playback. Try this and let me know if this works.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is the audio playback window while the Nintendo is connected and switched on. It doesn't show the Nintendo.Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

@Guidjet

If the System Restore didn't work please try a Reset and then run all the Windows and HPSA updates

Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.