Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion gaming 15-ec2000 laptop pc (2P6B3AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Today i just found that the left channel speaker of my laptop is producing some crackling or a little vibrating sound while the right channel speaker is working alrigh, i checked the same issue with my friend who bought same laptop as mine.Why is that so can somebody explain it? And pls provide any troubleshoot techniques for it if you know. Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Manthan747 -- if you connect external speakers to either laptop, do you still get "crackles" ?

If your computer is less than 12 months old, exercise the HP Warranty to get it repaired/replaced, at HP's expense.

HP Recommended

@Itsmyname - No, only the internal B&O speakers provided by the company for laptop are producing that noise. External speakers when connected doesn't sound bad. I only have the issue with the internal left channel speaker of my laptop.And the laptop is totally new. Me and my friend bought the same laptop last week and we both are having the same issue with speaker.

HP Recommended

@Manthan747 --  I only have the issue with the internal left channel speaker of my laptop.

When you insert the connector for the external speakers, there is something "mechanical" that happens.

stereo-audio-jack.png

When the jack is inserted (from the left), there is mechanical pressure to "switch" the audio signal, as generated by the internal sound-card, to the external speakers.  That wire #2 is "lifted", so that the connection between #2 and #4 is physically separated. Also, inserting the jack pushes the #3 wire downward, to break the connection between #5 and #3. 

When no jack is inserted:

* a solid connection loop between #2 and #4 feeds the internal right-side speaker.

* a solid connection loop between #3 and #5 feeds the internal left-side speaker.

You could have a problem with that #3/#5 connection not being "solid", and thus causing the "crackling" sound.

And the laptop is totally new

You have two options:

* take it back to the store that sold it to you, and get it exchanged

* contact HP Support, to exercise the initial 12-month HP Warranty, to get it repaired/replaced, at HP's expense.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.