Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN HP 875-0027
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have the OMEN HP 875-0027 desktop PC

In the specs it says it has DTS Studio Sound, however I cant find any options relating to that. I don't have a control panel for DTS, and my audio drivers are listed as RealTek Audio with the driver dated 09/09/2019. Should I be using a different driver?

Thanks for any help

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello
If nothing has been changed, indeed there should be a panel, like this (probably different )

Annotation .png

Check if nothing in the program menu

Research gives two models, but these are the same device drivers:

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0027na

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0027nl

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I have HP Audio Control which brings up this control panel. There is no mention of DTS Sound though and so I'm not sure whether I am missing something?

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Hello, I'm having the same issue as you. Was this ever resolved?

I read over a past thread that attached an older Realtek driver and while the DTS menu popped up, there was still no sound. 

All I can say is that at this point, the audio is terrible quality. It sounds completely flat.

HP Recommended

Nope - no resolution yet. I've not found any 'DTS' software on my PC, despite it being advertised?!

HP Recommended

@LeeB2 

i need your product number !

the audio control panel, is very basic here, what we see under input and output?
I doubt that another is available, but you can open the control panel and give an image, like this:

Annotation 2020-02-05 184042.png

sorry, i may not have paid attention and had not seen that there was an answer (maybe i have not received any norfications)

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi Promethee

I have the OMEN HP 875-0027 desktop PC

Product number : 6RT09EA#ABUCapture.JPG

I've attached a screenshot of the control panels. And in my previous post I show the HP Audio Control.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Sorry

I do not remember what I had seen previously, but there with the product no.
it seems that this pc is not compatible / equipped

875-0027na Product Specifications

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

My PC is listed for sale here:

https://store.hp.com/UKStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=6RT09EA&opt=ABU&sel=DTP&p=c-hp-omen-obelisk

At the bottom if you click on 'See Complete Technical Specifications" then you will see this:

Multimedia and Input Devices: Audio features DTS Studio Sound™, DTS Headphone:X™

Do you think this is incorrect?

Thank you

HP Recommended

Indeed, this is certainly what I had read
The information on the product support page and online store site is contradictory.
From what we can see with your audio parameters, this seems to confirm what is on the support page!
But I can't know which one is the right information ..
I can offer you simply to reinstall the audio drivers, and check what is happening, but I think you should contact HP directly, in order to have confirmation!

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/omen-by-hp-875-0000-obelisk-desktop-pc-se...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.