Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
E243M Monitor
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New system bought from HP

HP Z2 Mini G5 workstation

Nvidia Quadro T2000 video/audio card

HP E243M Monitor with integral Bang & Olufsen speakers and intergral webcam

Connected with Display port and USB cables

Webcam works 

Audio does not. 

- I cannot get any sound out of the monitor speakers.  Windows sound settings shows sound being played

- master volume at 100%, have run driver updates

- Monitor volume is on, monitor audio self test produces a tone.

- have run HP and windows audio trouble shooters.  Both suggest the 'solution' is to switch to the system speaker in the Mini tower unit.  Neither can suggest a solution to getting the monitor speakers to work

- Microphone is also not working.  Again, windows says it exists.

- Virus protection (Bitedefender) is set to allow access to webcam and microphone.

Any ideas? 

Never bought HP before, and if this is the idea of plug and play, never will again!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I think the most reasonable explanation is that the audio connection has not been made up.  Here is the user guide

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06061942.pdf

To enable sound from the monitor’s speakers, connect one end of an audio cable (not included with the monitor) to the audio-in jack on the monitor and the other end to the audio-out jack on the source device

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks

Tried that - though I couldn't believe HP would provide a display port connector that takes audio and then rely on a 3.5mm headphone cable....

And if that was the only way of connecting audio, the cable would be included.  Not much point selling a monitor aimed at the video conferencing market with integrated webcam, speaks and microphone but no means of connecting it!

Anyway, audio line connection does not work

HP Recommended

Well, I assume that you installed the software that comes with the monitor but just in case

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedisplay-e243m-23.8-inch-monitor/18164494

There it is.  I already linked the manual in the post before.  Considering what that monitor is meant to do, it should offer a solution in the guide.  I cannot offer anything beyond the use guide and the driver.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for trying.

I'd been through updating firmware, drivers and software when it first didn't work - but I did it again, just to be sure

No change.  

Perhaps the monitor is defective?

HP Recommended

I suppose that is a possibility.  I had a big AIO HP office printer that did not work straight out of the box.

You can get some help for the repair/replacement by using chat with the repair techs, or give them a call.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.