Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
envy 34-a010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does the HDMI input decode audio?

If it does, how do you get it to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The sound worked fine when the HDMI cable was plugged into the old monitor, but not in the envy 34. However a graphics udate fixed the problem. thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

An HDMI input has the audio signal along with the video signal input.  It isn't separate and that is why there is no separate audio cable requirement when an HDMI capable display is used with a PC.  It can even be an HDTV.

Take a virtual tour of your PC at the following link. I hope you find this helpful.

https://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=13823530&MEID=4E64540B-1075-49BE-993B-8E179D12B8CA

At the rear of the PC there is an HDMI input port. Connect the HDMI cable from your Play station to the HDMI input port with the game system and the PC turned on. Press the button to the right of the port to display on the 34" display screen.

HDMI_in.png

display mode switch.png

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The sound worked fine when the HDMI cable was plugged into the old monitor, but not in the envy 34. However a graphics udate fixed the problem. thanks.

HP Recommended

I have the 24-n014 and tried this method and am not getting anything to the display. Should it work?

All this display shows after I push the button is "Game Mode - No Video Signal."

Thanks

HP Recommended

@Kensavory wrote:

That isn't what your thread was about at all and you marked it as the solution?  

Read the subject and heading of your initial post again and you will see what I mean.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.