Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Curved All-in-One PC 34-b0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So i have noticed that when i plug in a HDMI into the HDMI input at the back of my desktop and then use the HP Display Control to get me to the HDMI Input, once on the HDMi display there is no sound coming through despite when on the Windows screen and HDMI is turned off, there being sound as normal, 

any ideas how to resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Niall05

Welcome to the HP Forums,

We'll be with you until it's all sorted & beyond!

Did you check with alternate headphones or external speakers?
(To confirm if the sound card works fine).

While you respond to that, here's what you need to know:

When connecting your computer to an HDMI device, such as a monitor, TV, or surround sound speakers, you might encounter display or sound issues. Use the information in this document to check your settings and to troubleshoot specific problems: Click here to troubleshoot further

If the issue persists, the best way to resolve issues with the sound is by using the HP Guided Troubleshooter: 

Click here to access it (simply select your description of the issue from the bottom of the screen to gain access to the next set of steps that should resolve your concern).

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI I dont think you quite understand, 

My computer is a desktop tht also acts as a moniter when it goes to HDMI mode, when i am using my desktop as a computer the sound is perfect, when i switch t to be a monitor for the HDMI Input then there is no sound. 

this issue started on the 9th November, when in contact via a telephone call, they said it was due to a microsoft update that occured on that date which has cause the issue, however when compleating a System Recovery as instructed to get a older, fully working file, this apparently resolved the issue before it then reverting back to no Sound when in the HDMi mode, despite sound coming out when on the computer setting. I have also gone back and installed an older version of realtec sound software to try and resolve this issues. 

the headphne port works as normal, nd the sound bar which is part of the all in one desktop also works when on the computer setting but not when it is switched to the HDMI Input.

HP Recommended

@Niall05, Thanks for your prompt response and time.

I appriciate your efforts for writing back to us.

Did you try a different HDMI cable and check the settings in the Control Panel / Sound to assure that settings are correct?

As you mentioned after reset the issue reoccurred again.

Uninstall the audio driver from your PC and install the previous version of audio drivers and check if it helps.

Update the audio drivers using this link. Click Here

Also, to fix audio issues in Windows 10 by setting the default device option, just open Start and enter Sound. Now open the appropriate result and click on the Playback tab. Here find the suitable audio device and Set Default.

Hope this helps!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.