Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G3 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a few HP ProDesk 600 G3 desktops and when I connect speakers via the front jack or the rear audio out jack, the sound that comes out is absolutely terrible.  There is no bass at all.

I’ve tried multiple speakers and multiple desktops.  We reimage to Windows 7 Enterprise 64Bit, but I even tried it on the OS and drivers that it ships with – unmodified. 

I’ve played with the equalizer, but there is absolutely no bass and the sound quality is terrible.  It sounds as if the audio was coming from the internal desktop speaker. 

Audio drivers are up to date.  Conexant HD

Conexant High Definition Audio 8.65.186.53 Rev.A

Here is a comparision of the audio from the HP and the same song from an iPad.

https://youtu.be/G5zN_17SlmY

Here is a brand new HP 600 G3 desktop, just unboxed. Windows 7, latest updates and drivers.  Sounds is terrible.

Same computer. Boot to a USB install of Ubuntu. The audio is normal and sounds great. 

https://youtu.be/DI_X4F0Y7EI

This has to be a driver issue, right ?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I had the same issue. This worked for me. Go into device manager>Sound video and game controllers and unistall the conextant audio. Still not the best quality, but much better than that trebly garbage I was getting.

HP Recommended

proposed solution by sam_iam did not work for me. 

HP Recommended

This didn't work for me.  When you delete the audio driver....you get no sound at all. 

So....yea.

HP Recommended

I've got a client with exatcly the same issue on W10. Prodesk 600 G3 with Logitech speakers connected. When the conexant audio driver is removed the bass sub-woofer kicks in and the sound is great but then when it's restarted the conexant driver re-installs itself and the sound uses the speakers only NOT the sub-woofer. I haven't resolved it yet...

Just an update on this - i spoke to my client this morning - despite restarting her computer 4 times to test the woofer is still working ok with existing drivers which means that the conexant driver hasn't reinstalled itself i think. It appears if you remove the conexant driver shown below the sound works properly.

Capture.JPG

Once i removed this driver i was left with the MS only driver (shown below) and this worked a treat so far.

Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

Anyword on an updated driver?  Everytime I reboot, Windows reinstalls the driver (on a strict domain policy)

HP Recommended

I have a case logged with HP for my client but they are not making much progress - all they have said so far is remove the Conexant driver and don't use it - they don't seem to realise that it reinstalls automatically sometime after then causes the same issue again. Very Frustrating for myself and my client who just wants good sound!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem but with one more option.. i need to work with line-in and with line out...

Line in works, but line out have terrible sound.. worse than from my cellphone...

other issue is that W10 is terrible but it is for another thread (if possible, post me, how to boot from flash, because i tried about ten different flashboot USBs and without succes)

THX a lot

HP Recommended

Just an update to others on this issue. I have been battling with HP over the last few weeks with this issue with until now very unhelpful support. After escalating my case 5005133730  a number of times witout success is finally made progress this week. I was asked to try a newly released driver which is version is for 8.65.243.0 Rev.A.  which is dated 24th Oct 2017. It's available here:-

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp82001-82500/sp82457.exe

I installed this driver, restarted and my sounbd was working normally with external speakers at last. I have restarted again and thus far all good. so now i have enabled the windows update service to see if it automatically 'updates' or removes this 'fixed' driver.

Anyone else having this issue i encourage you to try this driver and update the post with your results. I have asked HP for details on this driver which doesn't appear to be GA yet.....

HP Recommended

Nice, that looks it works... sound is normal and line-in works 😉

now i am looking for TV works together with another display (VGA+HDMI (through adapter) or + DVI (again trough adapter)

on W8 it dont want work... only one display at one time 😞

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.