Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0050   Product number 6YQ50AA#ABA

Microprocessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

System board 8653 A (SMVB) System BIOS F.11

Audio

Device 1 Intel(R) Display Audio

Status Enabled

Driver IntcDAud.sys

Version 10.27.0.8

Device 2

Realtek High Definition Audio

Status Enabled

Driver RTKVHD64.sys

Version 6.0.8923.1

Windows 10 Home v1909  64bit

Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

HP Support Assistant keeps offering driver update for Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter, then takes it back saying it is dismissed.

I have gotten the following Bluetooth Warning in Event Viewer since I turned this Windows 10 Pavilion Desktop on:

BTHUSB Event ID 34 - The local adapter does not support an important Low Energy controller state to support peripheral mode.  The minimum required supported state mask is 0x2491f7fffff, got 0xffffffff.  Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available.

I never could find any info on the problem and just turned Bluetooth off to get rid of the Event Log Warning.

I turned this computer on for first time 1/28/2020 and Windows 10v1909 loaded and it is the only version I have ever had. I turned Bluetooth off in Windows 10 settings about 2/29/2020.  Warnings stopped and I forgot about it.

A few days ago, HPSA offered an update for Realtek Bluetooth Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows.  SoftPaq number: sp100551 Version 1.0.0.106. 

After it apparently successfully installed a greyed out “Realtek Bluetooth Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows” came up in the history and said it was dismissed and when I mouse over this it says, “This update is not available anymore.”

I looked at the update history in HPSA and the same thing happened with the same update in January and February.  I keep thinking an update will fix the Event ID 34 Warning, but the update that is offered apparently no longer exists.

This time HPSA also offered an update for Realtek High Definition (HD) Audio Driver and it also successfully installed.  SoftPaq number: sp103920 Version: 6.0.8923.1.  (This one apparently exists and a greyed out version did not come up in history.)

About 10 minutes later there were three new devices listed under Bluetooth in Device Manager:

Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI),

Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator,

Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator. 

I have no idea where they came from. 

Maybe the Realtek HD driver install or maybe because I turned Bluetooth on to see if I still got the Warning Event.  I don’t know.

The original Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter is also still there.

The minute the three new devices were installed 5/29/2020 1:33:04 a BTHUSB Warning Event 34 appeared in the Event log.  But only one.  So I clicked restart to see if that would cause another warning event.  Yep.  When computer starts or wakes this event is logged.  That was the pattern before.

Can anyone explain all this?  Do I have a working Bluetooth drive?  I have no Bluetooth devices now but I may in the future and want this fixed before my warranty expires.

Any help or explanation would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

So apparently Microsoft’s Surface Book has this problem.  On this link people are advised to ignore it.  It is expected.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook2-surfupdate/surface-book-2-build-1709-eve...

“August 21, 2018

Thank you for the great feedback. New Bluetooth features have been added to the Windows 10 Creators update and it queries whenever the radio is turned ON to check if it supports peripheral roles or not. Since the radios in Surface do not support the low energy control feature, Windows posts a warning in Event Viewer. There is nothing to worry about and this is expected behavior.

Laya Sagi

Microsoft Surface Team

surface.com/support”

And here is more than anyone would want to know about Bluetooth low energy and the type of devices that use it on this link. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_Low_Energy

Apparently, my computer does not support the low energy control feature that is used by phones, watches, health and home monitors and other devices, not computers.

Best sense I could make of it -   Another annoying Warning with no real meaning in Windows 10.  I decided to just turn off Bluetooth.

So, this all was a giant waste of several hours.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I guess there is a difference between Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter and Realtek Bluetooth Audio Driver.

I do have Realtek High Definition (HD) Audio Driver v 6.0.8923.1 listed in device manager under Sound, video and game controllers.  This is the update offered by HPSA and installed on 5/29/2020.  I do not have audio problems.  All good.  (I don't think I have a bluetooth audio device.)

I also have a Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter v1.7.1021.3000 listed in the Device Manager under Bluetooth.  This is, I think, what keeps logging Event ID 34 Warning if I turn on Bluetooth in Windows 10 settings.  Don’t know what else it could be.

Still don’t know why HPSA keeps offering a nonexistent Bluetooth Audio driver.  I won’t download it again next time HPSA sends it.  I will ignore it.

But mostly I still would like to know why Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter logs Warning Event 34 when computer starts or wakes from sleep.  I think this is for any device I might have that uses a bluetooth connection to the computer.  I still would like to know if it is functional before my warranty wears out.   What does the warning mean, "Low Energy peripheral role functionality will not be available."

Thank you for any help or information.

HP Recommended

OK HP Community,  this is getting really confusing.

The device manager on the computer lists Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter, but the driver page for my computer lists Intel Bluetooth Driver. See:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-desktop-pc-tp01-0000i/29014367/model/31...

There is no Realtek Bluetooth 4.2 Adapter listed on the computer’s driver web page. (above link)

And there is no Intel Bluetooth Driver listed in Device Manager on the computer.

The specification page, https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06456412,

lists Realtek Wi-Fi 5 (2x2) and Bluetooth® 4.2 combo.  There is nothing about that on the computer’s driver page either.

I really do not understand this.

Would really like help understanding.

HP Recommended

So apparently Microsoft’s Surface Book has this problem.  On this link people are advised to ignore it.  It is expected.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfbook2-surfupdate/surface-book-2-build-1709-eve...

“August 21, 2018

Thank you for the great feedback. New Bluetooth features have been added to the Windows 10 Creators update and it queries whenever the radio is turned ON to check if it supports peripheral roles or not. Since the radios in Surface do not support the low energy control feature, Windows posts a warning in Event Viewer. There is nothing to worry about and this is expected behavior.

Laya Sagi

Microsoft Surface Team

surface.com/support”

And here is more than anyone would want to know about Bluetooth low energy and the type of devices that use it on this link. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetooth_Low_Energy

Apparently, my computer does not support the low energy control feature that is used by phones, watches, health and home monitors and other devices, not computers.

Best sense I could make of it -   Another annoying Warning with no real meaning in Windows 10.  I decided to just turn off Bluetooth.

So, this all was a giant waste of several hours.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.