Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer has two audio ports, one only for external speakers, and the other one for the headset which has the audio and the microphone port combined. I have a gaming headset, 3.5mm, which connects both the speakers of the headset and the microphone. Whenever I connect my headset to the second port to connect my headset, the SRS audio system driver shows up, and it asks whether I connected a mic, line-in, or a headset, on which I select headset, then the microphone doesn't show up anywhere, not even in the windows audio settings. What am I supposed to do here, should I buy an audio splitter or there's a way to connect my headset without one? Assistance would be appreciated, thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@KillStreakArtz

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

1. Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
  2. Select Open sound settings.
  3. Choose Sound control panel on the right.
  4. Select the headphones (should have a green tick)

5. Hit Properties. (You can rename this sound output right here to make it easier at switching.)
  6. Select the Advanced tab.
  7. Hit the test button.

Once it's done, you need to select the microphone as the default input device.

1. Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar.
  2. Select Open sound settings.
  3. Choose Sound control panel on the right.
  4. Select the Recording tab.
  5. Choose the microphone.

6. Hit Set as default.
  7. Open the Properties window.

8. Select the Levels tab.
  9. Adjust the volume accordingly.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried everything as you mentioned above, followed all the steps which you have mentioned. But Windows still does not pick up my voice, unless I smash the microphone with my hand, then it picks up the input, otherwise, even if I shout into the microphone, it's not picking up any input whatsoever, the product number of my PC is ; 

HP Compaq Elite 8300 Convertible Minitower PC.

Hopefully I have provided the accurate information you need, looking forward to your reply. Thanks for the assistance

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.