Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 750-209
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a new Envy 750-209 and an ancient Cambridge Soundworks PCWorks Foue Point Surround 4 speaker + powered bass. There are 2 connector jacks; Left & Right that are 3 section (each jack handles 3 conductors). The Envy has 1 output. It appears that I need a Y-splitter ending in female connectors. 

My question? How do I connect the two? Is it even possible? I'd hate to have to junk a decent sound system. My needs are basic - just to be able to listen to AOL or YouTube. 

Any ideas on how to accomplsh my goal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Just to close this thread; unfortunaely the quick reply did not answer the problem. BestBuy suggested I try a Y-splitter cosisting of a single jack and 2 receptacles. Eventually I got the system to work "after" discovering that the huge power brick didn't  like the new power arrangement when I replaced the old computer with the Envy. I had to replace a 3-wat adapter and shore up the brick. A lot of fuss to get an old sound system to work but now I have a choice of the speakers or earphones driven from a jack on an HDMI monitor. All's well that ends well. Thanks for the interest.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mongoose73, welcome to the forum.

Here is a guide that may help you solve your problem.  I know the guide is for Vista, but it should be applicable for your computer.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Just to close this thread; unfortunaely the quick reply did not answer the problem. BestBuy suggested I try a Y-splitter cosisting of a single jack and 2 receptacles. Eventually I got the system to work "after" discovering that the huge power brick didn't  like the new power arrangement when I replaced the old computer with the Envy. I had to replace a 3-wat adapter and shore up the brick. A lot of fuss to get an old sound system to work but now I have a choice of the speakers or earphones driven from a jack on an HDMI monitor. All's well that ends well. Thanks for the interest.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @mongoose73.  Thank you for letting us know how you solved your problem.  This will help others with the same problem.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.