Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h9-1120t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While away on vacation my desktop crashed. Tried to restore to a point where it had worked. All Restore Points before the crash were gone. Did a clean reinstall of Windows 10.

The desktop audio is connected to a receiver and a TV. After the reinstall there was no audio output from the desktop to the receiver (Problem 1). The only audio device that appears in Playback Devices is NVIDIA High Definition Audio and playback for that is through the TV speakers. This is with a really low volume, even with all possible controls set at 100% (Problem 2).

Attempted to uninstall and reinstall the ITD Codec driver. Got this message:  Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it. A device attached to the system is not functioning.

I tried sp55652 and sp63932. Neither one worked.

Can you help with both Problems 1 & 2 noted above?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT audio driver resolves the issue.   Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71717.exe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this W10 IDT audio driver resolves the issue.   Install and restart the PC.

This package provides the IDT Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Both problems solved. 10 out of 10 stars for Paul Tikkanen.

HP Recommended

@gwcowling323 wrote:

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Both problems solved. 10 out of 10 stars for Paul Tikkanen.

Another BIG THANKS, The CODEC File Fixed the Audio on my [h8-1360t/ HPE Series]. Windows 10 (64) Update killed my Audio! Hopefully, this  sp71717.exe CODEC is the best for my HP desktop?

Ron

HP Recommended

Hi, Ron:

sp71717 would be your only hope of getting the audio to work again.

The W10 creators update messed up the audio on 3 of my HP desktop PC's and one HP notebook PC.

I had to resinstall the original audio drivers to get the sound to work right again.

HP Recommended

thank you... worked great

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I just wanted to thank you for this solution! Windows updated and spent about an hour and a half trying every solution possible and was about ready to throw my computer out the window. Downloaded this driver and everything is working flawlessly. 2019 and still is working, thanks a million!

Kyle

HP Recommended

After upgrading to Windows 10, most users running the “IDT High Definition Audio” have reported that the sound stops working. This is due to a driver malfunction with the IDT High Definition Audio Codec. It started appearing with users who upgraded from Windows 7, Vista or 8 – some users also experienced this issue with other releases of Windows 10.

If you start encountering this error, you will most likely have no sound coming out of your computer. If you try to go through Windows Update and let it update the problematic driver, chances are you will get a Code 10error message and the problem won’t be fixed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.