Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product number 6YQ50AA#ABA

Microprocessor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz

System board 8653 A (SMVB) System BIOS F.20-5/29/2020

Windows 10 Home v1909  64bit

Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

I have an app on my HP desktop computer named HP Audio Control Center.  Out of curiosity I tried to open it and got the error message: “Can not connect to RPC service.”  I think like the camera app it is for a laptop.  (I don’t have a camera on my desktop, but I have an app for it and uninstall is greyed out.)

It appears I can uninstall the HP Audio Center app but I wanted to check and make sure this app is not for a desktop with speakers that plug in the back.  And it is also not for use with the jack in front for earphones?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@mpw101

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to know whether you can uninstall the HP audio control app on your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Was the app preinstalled on your computer?

You can go ahead and uninstall the app from the computer, and it should not affect the audio on your computer. However, you can use this app to control the audio settings on your computer.

I recommend you uninstall the audio driver on your computer and then download and install it from the below link and check whether the HP audio control app starts working.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp104001-104500/sp104382.exe

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It was installed on this desktop when I bought it in January 2020.  I  just wanted to know if HP put it on this desktop because it was for the earphone jack in the front of the tower.

I removed the app as it clearly did not work on the speakers plugged into the back of the tower.  And I do not have earphones.

I had other things on this desk top that came installed for things the desk top did not have.  In the original post, I gave the example of an app for a camera this desktop does not have.  (That is grayed out and cannot be uninstalled.)

In the link below Paul Tikkanen explains, ”HP creates system images used across many different platforms, and sometimes some of the software you find is not applicable to your specific model PC.”

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-System-Event-Utility/m-p/764...

HP System Event Utility was another app that was of no use on my desktop because it is for a notebook.

BTW, the driver download you suggest is the one I have.

Doesn’t matter I removed the app.

HP Recommended

@mpw101

Thank you for the update.

Yes, that's true and sometimes you do get some applications which are not intended for your computer.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Cheers! 

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.