Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq dc7700p convertible minitower
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, i have installed windows 7 64bit on my hp compaq dc7700p convertible minitower desktop...when i go to device manager i see a driver is needed for "Multimedia Audio Controller". I searched everywhere but cant find the driver for it...i installed vista 64bit drivers but that didnt work. Can anyone help me out? Also, if there is a problem with hardware i have a pci sound card with me too but dont know the model number of the card. All i can see is that it says "creative" on the chip...any way i can detect model of the sound card so that i can install it with the drivers from the net?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK...so if you have no sound, the Nvidia hardware ID's you posted are for a nVidia graphics card with a HDMI port.

When you install a video card with an HDMI port, on those old PC's the BIOS disables the onboard video as well as the onboard audio.

You need to go into the BIOS>advanced tab>device options.  Find the onboard audio setting.  It will be set to disabled.

Change the setting to enabled, save the setting there and again when you exit the BIOS.

After you restart the PC and are back in Windows, your PC's Realtek audio should be working again.

There are no W10 drivers for your PC.

You use the Vista drivers for anything that W10 doesn't install, except the audio.

You can install the Windows 64 bit audio driver directly from Realtek after you make the BIOS setting change.

That has support for W10.

Accept the agreement.   Download the Windows 64 bit driver from the link below, install and restart the PC.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID for the multimedia audio controller so I can figure out what driver it needs.

Use this guide to find that information.

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

I went to device manager and under "sound, video and game controlllers" there are 4

NVIDIA High Definition Audio

I checked the hardware ID and it says:

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1002
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_000B&SUBSYS_10DE0101

Can you help me out....need driver for windows 10 64bit if possible?

HP Recommended

OK...so if you have no sound, the Nvidia hardware ID's you posted are for a nVidia graphics card with a HDMI port.

When you install a video card with an HDMI port, on those old PC's the BIOS disables the onboard video as well as the onboard audio.

You need to go into the BIOS>advanced tab>device options.  Find the onboard audio setting.  It will be set to disabled.

Change the setting to enabled, save the setting there and again when you exit the BIOS.

After you restart the PC and are back in Windows, your PC's Realtek audio should be working again.

There are no W10 drivers for your PC.

You use the Vista drivers for anything that W10 doesn't install, except the audio.

You can install the Windows 64 bit audio driver directly from Realtek after you make the BIOS setting change.

That has support for W10.

Accept the agreement.   Download the Windows 64 bit driver from the link below, install and restart the PC.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot bro, busy at the moment, will try in a couple of hours and let you know as it goes 🙂

HP Recommended

Hello Bro, thanks a lot...your solution worked and sound now working. I also installed all drivers but cannot find driver for PCI Serial Port..tried vista and windows 7 drivers but not working. Can you help me out? Its windows 10 pro 64bit.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Here is what you need to do for the PCI Serial Port.

Download and run this driver.  If it installs the device, great.  All done.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34501-35000/sp34744.exe

If you get any errors like unsupported operating system, etc.  Close out of any error windows.

Go to the device manager.  Click on the PCI Serial Port needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp34744.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks worked like a charm....

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.