Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 860-014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have an HP Envy Phoenix 860-014 connected to an HP TV/monitor with HP Z34c-4 (NVIDIA High Definition Audio) speakers that quit working. Sound playback window shows the fluctuating green sound level bars. I haven't found any way to troubleshoot these speakers. I had a similar problem lastweek on another desktop and was given a link to download an "sp" file that fixed the problem. Is that the answer here or is there something else I need to try?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Chimney_83 wrote:

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested step to uninstall the audio driver. Have you tried to update the driver using HP Support Assistant. Click here

If the issue persists, uninstall the driver again and install it using Recovery manager. Click here for assistance. 

For other troubleshooting steps please refer HP PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know how it goes. 

Of course it didn't work. I forgot to disconnect my bluetooth headphones!!! Duh! When I did I was pleasantly surprised to hear audio through my speakers. 10 out of 10 stars for the solution to my problem. I think the one difference from what I had alreaady tried was removing the software when uninstalling the driver.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings @gwcowling323,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are not getting audio from your TV which is connected to your computer using an HDMI cable, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for checking the playback settings on your computer.

Is the playback set to HDMI in playback settings?

Recommend you open device manager on your computer by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Uninstall the audio driver, delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart your computer and run HP Support Assistant to update the audio driver on your computer and check. Click here for assistance in using HPSA. 

Also, run the audio troubleshooter available in HP Support Assistant. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Chimney_83 wrote:

Greetings @gwcowling323,

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are not getting audio from your TV which is connected to your computer using an HDMI cable, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Kudos to you for checking the playback settings on your computer.

Is the playback set to HDMI in playback settings?

Recommend you open device manager on your computer by doing a right-click on the Windows button. 

Uninstall the audio driver, delete the driver when prompted. 

Restart your computer and run HP Support Assistant to update the audio driver on your computer and check. Click here for assistance in using HPSA. 

Also, run the audio troubleshooter available in HP Support Assistant. 

Let me know how it goes. 

Playback is set to HP Z34c which is the HDMI connection between the desktop and the TV/monitor. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver. Now there are no green bars indicating a fluctuating sound level like there was before.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested step to uninstall the audio driver. Have you tried to update the driver using HP Support Assistant. Click here

If the issue persists, uninstall the driver again and install it using Recovery manager. Click here for assistance. 

For other troubleshooting steps please refer HP PCs - Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Let me know how it goes. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@Chimney_83 wrote:

Let me know how it goes. 

Of course it didn't work. I forgot to disconnect my bluetooth headphones!!! Duh! When I did I was pleasantly surprised to hear audio through my speakers. 10 out of 10 stars for the solution to my problem. I think the one difference from what I had alreaady tried was removing the software when uninstalling the driver.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad that the issue is resolved.

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.