Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Wave 600 a020xt CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

I just purchased a Pavilion Wave from the model described above with Windows 10 - 64 bit, and as soon as I turned it on, I realized in frustration that the front USB port does not work and that no sound comes out of it either.

I went into several sites with videos, and no sound, either by the speakers themselves on the desktop or by the headset.

I already upgraded the audio drivers and did all the testing of Windows and HP, and nothing.

By checking Windows problems, it gives a normal message, and when you squeeze videos from the internet or from external devices such as pen drives, opening the volume mixer, the green bars of the volume move, as if everything is normal, but no sound.

Yesterday I ran the HP recovery manager, which reinstalled the Wndows and all drivers, but nothing ... Everything remains the same, whether in relation to the sound or the front USB port, which still do not work.

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me any hints about it.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problems solved!

The problem was mechanical, and very simple. The front USB port cable was disconnected, and as soon as it was reconnected, the spearkers work normally and the front USB port started to work perfectly as well.

Thanks to everyone here that sent me messages to help.

Best regards to you all and thank you very much!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Hi,

It sounds like a hardware problem to me. Since you just bought it I would take it back to shop to get fixed or get in contact with HP for repairs.

If I had to guess I would say that the cables from motherboard headers to front USB and audio panel have not been inserted or are defective.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

I'm also finding it to be a hardware problem, David, mainly because the tests indicate that everything is fine with the software, and even the green bars of the volume mixer.
The problem is that I bought the desktop in the USA and I'm in Brazil now. HP technical support here says they can not do anything because I bought it out of the country. I would have to send him back to the US for HP's assistance there, and that's complicated.
I think I'm going to have to find a workaround right here.
Many thanks for your attention and kindness.

HP Recommended

Hi,

First I just wanted to ask how you have the PC connected to monitor? With HDMI cable, could it be that the sound is passing through HDMI? If you right-click on the speaker icon in task bar and go to playback devices what device is showing as active playback device?

If you can not get fixed under warranty, there are a couple of options. Get fixed paying for it or try to fix yourself, or woraround.

- You could get an external usb sound card, there are all kinds of cards and all kinds of prizes. From simple cards to DAC systems for high fidelity playback. You cna find them easily on internet. I was just reading this article:

http://thegeeksdaily.com/best-usb-sound-card/

If you get a good one the sound quality will be better than the sound from the integrated card in the PC.

For usb you can get a port replicator or a usb extender. There are cheap ones and quite nice looking ones out there.

-You could try opening the computer and take a look at the leads from motherboard to the front port and audio jack. Maybe you can see already by removing the base:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JRZ463XSXg

Total disassembly seems a little complicated:

http://h22235.www2.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/Countries/_MultiCountry/d...

Let me know,

David

HP Recommended

Hi.

Thank you again.

I connect the PC to the monitor via an HDMI cable. In fact, it is an HDMI / DVI-D adapter cable, as I have an old Samsung monitor with DVI-D output, which I connected to the PC. I bought a new monitor for it from HP, but it has not arrived yet; it's coming from the US by mail.

Regarding the device, when I perform the procedure you indicated,  it appears as default playback device HP Pavilion Wave Audio (and, on the bottom line, Realtek High Definition Audio), with a speaker icon, and the green bars move normally, as if some sound is coming from the speakers, but it is not.

If I understood correctly what you said (my English is not very good ...) the sound could be being routed through the HDMI cable instead of going to the PC speakers. That's right?

And thank you for the article links on the sound cards and the USB port. I will read the article and watch the videos carefully.

I think I'll open the computer, as you suggested, to take a look at the motherboard connections to the front port and audio jack.

Thank you  very much.

HP Recommended

@josephus_m

Hello Thank you for posting your concerns on the HP Support Forums. I have brought your matters to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They may request for some additional information from you in order to look up your case or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Please keep in mind not to post any personal information publicly (serial numbers, phone numbers, and etc.). If you have any additional questions please send me a private message. Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I Work for HP
HP Recommended

Hi, Omar-e.

Thank you very much for your attention and kindness in getting my problem to know the HP team.
I have already replied to the private message I received from them, and I am sure they will guide me correctly and help me in order to solve the problem.
Thank you so much again.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I am happy that HP support is taking care of your case. Just out of interest you could let me know how it works out.

All the best,

David

HP Recommended

Hi.

Yes for sure. I am very pleased to hear that HP has a good customer service policy. I have been a HP customer for years and I really enjoy their products.

And I will certainly tell you about the outcome of my case.

Thanks for everything, David.

Best regards.

HP Recommended

Problems solved!

The problem was mechanical, and very simple. The front USB port cable was disconnected, and as soon as it was reconnected, the spearkers work normally and the front USB port started to work perfectly as well.

Thanks to everyone here that sent me messages to help.

Best regards to you all and thank you very much!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.