Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite MT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want completed remove/unmounted  internal speaker and after this off  in UEFI but I do not know if there will be any problems after this operation ( for example witch detecting speakers connected by minijack on soundcard or in front panel)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I just opened up mine, and gave it a tug and the connector came right off from the part of the motherboard it was plugged into.

It was a little resistant, and then it popped off.  Nothing to squeeze or hold a certain way as far as I can tell.

I would lay the PC on its side so you can pull the wire straight up from the motherboard.

I also have an 8000 Elite CMT and removed the speaker wire the same way, as it is in the same place...uses the same case.

The both went right back in easily too.

No problems for me.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Here's what you do...

Go into the BIOS and disable the PC speaker.

Then unplug the speaker wire from the motherboard.

Then see if the audio works from the front and rear audio jacks with external speakers connected.

If it does, then you have the answer, and you can physically remove the speaker from the PC.

HP Recommended

Sorry , but I must sometimes use google translantor.

At the time I do not have any speakers that I could connect

Speaker even after turning it off in Bios existed in the device manager. Will I have to turn it off also in the device manager?

"Then unplug the speaker wire from the motherboard.  If it does, then you have the answer, and you can physically remove the speaker from the PC."

But I want to cut the cable from this speaker at the motherboard itself. I'm not sure what to do anymore because it will not be a retreat after this

here is a screen

screen.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi:

I have two 8200 Elite CMT's, and the speaker wire can be easily unplugged from the motherboard, so I don't understand why you would want to cut it.

Do you have a set of headphones you can plug in?

Those would also work to test the sound.

HP Recommended

I do not know how to disconnect the cable from the motherboard without cutting it off, do you have to squeeze it and pull it in the right place, because I tried to do it without success. 

I no have headphones.

HP Recommended

I just opened up mine, and gave it a tug and the connector came right off from the part of the motherboard it was plugged into.

It was a little resistant, and then it popped off.  Nothing to squeeze or hold a certain way as far as I can tell.

I would lay the PC on its side so you can pull the wire straight up from the motherboard.

I also have an 8000 Elite CMT and removed the speaker wire the same way, as it is in the same place...uses the same case.

The both went right back in easily too.

No problems for me.

HP Recommended

I pulled the cable more firmly and the plug disconnected. problem solved.

Thanks for help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.