Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Elite 510f Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

In my case, I do believe the issue happened after a Windows update, as I hadn't touched anything.  So I have no sound.  I tried the solution suggested to Bobby80 (install the suggested driver) BUT it looks like the installation failed.  I was able to download the driver and initiate the process, the software was extracted, and a "black screen" pop-up message appeared briefly indicating an attempt to install, but then the pop-up message disappeared.  There was no further action - nothing indicating that installation was proceeding or was completed.   I'm not clear where I can confirm if the driver got installed  (can someone let me know where?) but I suspect it did not.  My PC is old; I am wondering if that is why the driver installation failed?  Of course, I don't know, even if the driver was installed, if it would have corrected the problem.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

The product specs for your PC indicate that it has the Realtek audio chip.

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to try the Windows 64 bit Windows audio driver directly from Realtek.

It is good for Vista, W7, W8 and W10.

https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/category/pc-audio-codecs-high-definition-audio-codecs-softw...

HP Recommended

Hello
based on what you indicate, you have followed the recommendation for another user.
This is good, but did you think that you did not have the same computer at all, if it is the one mentioned in the above statement
Therefore, the audio chip, and therefore the driver, can be completely different.

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-510f Desktop PC Product Specifications

*Integrated audio is not available if a sound card is installed.
  • Audio CODEC: ALC888S-VD

[edit]

I was answering, and didn't see this answer, sorry

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.