Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Elite 800 All in One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting a fail to initialize error message for Smart Audio, how do I fix or remove this, I can't find a Smart Audio application and I have run the audio diagnostic several times and it says that everything is functioning properly.  Any advice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Checked around and found some tips at this (Link). Smart Audio is part of the Conexant audio system.

Don't run the Fixit stuff or buy anything at this site.

Just look at the three troubleshooting tips offered.

Try option 1 and option 3.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Checked around and found some tips at this (Link). Smart Audio is part of the Conexant audio system.

Don't run the Fixit stuff or buy anything at this site.

Just look at the three troubleshooting tips offered.

Try option 1 and option 3.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your assistance, I followed your advice and used the first option from the fix and after the reboot the error changed from failed to initialize and said it could not findConexant application and I had an "x" on my speaker icon.  Crazy system, why would it try to initialize something that is not even there and then say it can't find it and will close.  I reversed the disabled audio choices from within device manager and reenabled them and my sound came back and the "x" is gone.  Hopefully I won't see the error message again when I reboot or I'm calling HP to complain because this is a brand new system that I had built by them.  First they forgot to lock the bios and now a mystery application that does not exist.  Ridiculous! but thank you for helping me.

HP Recommended

Hi PrincessPyatt,

You're very welcome.

I hope it is fixed.

If not, contact HP Support.

Let me know if you see the same error message the next time you restart your new PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

I  had so much hope, LOL, but unfortunately the crazy message is back!  Smart Audio Failed to initialize .... I'm contacting HP to resolve this because I am not driving myself crazy trying to fix mystery applications!

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.

Have you checked HP's Software download site for your PC to see if an updated audio driver is available?

You can check using the full product name at this site (Link).

You can undo the solution since I have not solved your problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.