Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 810-130qe CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently replaced my hard disk with a 256MB Samsung 870 Evo SSD to run my PC's OS because my old hard disk had become corrupted and slow. My Windows installation went without much issue. And it appears the issue I had with my computer autolocking after 30 seconds of inactivity and ignoring my policy changes on my old hard disk was gone. But now my Razer headsets that were working with the PC before this update are now not even being recognized by the system. I have tried everything. Using every built-in troubleshooter, trying to update drivers via Windows Update. I also tried installing Realtek HD audio from different websites with no luck, as it doesn't even show up as a driver either. I looked at the install file and it doesn't even look like the installation went in properly, as some folders that are apparently supposed to be in there are not. I tried almost everything on this website and everything on this website. That second website did actually at least change up my speakers panel by enabling a new speaker but it didn't fix the problem.  I also tried setting my bios to default which didn't help. Finally, I just tried to install Realtek using legacy hardware but ran into a BSOD during the process. Finally, I installed an older 2017 version of Realtek using legacy but apparently, it can't actually start and if I try updating it I get another BSOD. Upon restarting the Realtek driver that had been there when I installed it has disappeared. I tried again to see if it is just a one-off but now my PC keeps hitting a BSOD upon start-up so I will simply reset my PC and see if it also fixes my audio problem. I am totally at a loss at this point as I can't even seem to install Realtek properly to try and do some of the normal troubleshooting. I will include some screenshots of what my panels look like right now. Thanks in advance for any help I can get. speakers.pngdrivers.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

it cannot work if you use the wrong drivers
original for windows 8 you have this:

IDT High Definition Audio Driver

6.10.6486.0 Rev. A20.7 MBOct 16, 2013Download

try it otherwise try this:

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c03812357
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.html

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi

it cannot work if you use the wrong drivers
original for windows 8 you have this:

IDT High Definition Audio Driver

6.10.6486.0 Rev. A20.7 MBOct 16, 2013Download

try it otherwise try this:

https://support.hp.com/my-en/document/c03812357
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71717.html

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi
Ultimately after the reset, when I was updating my computer, it gave me the option this time to also update my audio drivers. My audio works well now. Thank you for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.