Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-135qe
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Unable to pair my Bose Bluetooth headphones QuietComfort 35 to my HP Envy Phoenix 810-135qe.

The Bluetooth headphones QuietComfort 35 show up as a Bluetooth Device.  When I try to connect the Bluetooth headphones QuietComfort 35 to the Envy Phoenix 810-135qe, the error message says that connection failed.  I have teied the suggested checks for drivers and all drivers are the most current versions.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Jack1975

Thank you for posting on HP Forums, 

Riddle_Decipher is at your service. 

As I Understand you are unable to pair your Bose Bluetooth headphones QuietComfort 35 to your PC,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Is any other BlueTooth device working with your computer?

Did you check if these headphones work on any alternate device? 

While you check and respond to that, I recommend you try the below steps:

If Windows cannot detect the Bluetooth device, check the following items:

• Make sure that Bluetooth is turned on and set to be discoverable on the device. When a device is set to be discoverable, it uses radio signals to broadcast its location to other Bluetooth devices and computers.

• A device such as a wireless mouse or keyboard might have a button on it that you need to push.

• A device such as a Bluetooth mobile phone might have a setting in the menu that you need to select to turn on Bluetooth so the device can be discovered.

NOTE:

If you do not know how to set your device to be discoverable, check the information that came with your device or go to the manufacturer’s website.

• A device such as a computer might need to have the Discovery setting turned on. To turn on Discovery in Windows 7, click Start , and then click Control Panel. In the Control Panel Search box, type Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth Settings.

Figure : Opening the Bluetooth settings

Opening the Bluetooth settings

The Bluetooth Settings window displays.

In the Discovery area on the Options tab, click Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

Figure : Making the Bluetooth device discoverable

Making the device discoverable

• Make sure the device is turned on, is not low on battery power, and is not in sleep mode.

• Make sure you have not already added the device to your computer. Devices that have already been added are not displayed in the list of devices you can connect to in the Add Device Wizard.

To check whether you have already added the device, click Start, and then click Devices and Printers. If your device is listed in Devices and Printers, you do not need to add it again. Click it to open the Bluetooth Operations and Settings page so you can use the Bluetooth operations for that device.

• Make sure the device is within wireless range of your computer, usually within six to nine feet. If you are not sure if the device is in range, move it closer to your computer, or put the device and computer in the same room.

• Make sure there are no other devices interfering with the wireless device, such as microwave ovens, cordless phones, or other wireless devices.

• If your computer uses an external Bluetooth adapter, make sure the adapter is attached and installed, and is working correctly.

• If Bluetooth is integrated into your computer, especially a notebook computer, make sure the Bluetooth radio transmitter is turned on because many notebook computers have a button to turn the transmitter on and off. If you are not sure how to turn it on, check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.

If you cannot hear sound on your Bluetooth headphones after setting up the Bluetooth connection, make sure the headphones are set as the default playback device by following the steps below.

1. Click Start , type sound into the Search field, and then select Sound from the list.

2. On the Sound window, click the Playback tab.

3. Select the Bluetooth headphones, and then click the Set Default button.

Figure : Sound

Image of the Sound window with bluetooth headphone device and Set as Default button highlighted.

CLICK HERE FOR MORE STEPS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

You asked questions:

1. s any other BlueTooth device working with your computer?

Yes - HP Blurtooth Speaker

2. Did you check if these headphones work on any alternate device?

Yes - They work on a Sony Tv set

3. If Windows cannot detect the Bluetooth device

Yes - the Bose Headphone are detected and it is on the Blurtooth list of devices

Additional info: Using WIndows 7 Pro (64 bit operating sysytem).  When I try to connect the Bose Headphones, a dialogue box opens and says:  "The service is connected. Could not connect to the device."

HP Recommended

@Jack1975

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

HP recommends you revert back to Windows 7 Home

As the Windows 7 Pro isn't supported or recommended by HP,

You may Click here to obtain the recovery media to revert back to the factory shipped OEM version of the Operating System.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

Followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Windows 7 Pro came instaled on my HP Envy Phoenix 810-135qe so it is an OEM.  The comuter is only 3 years old.

HP Recommended

@Jack1975

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

I went through the details and it looks like you are right, some of our PCs had such options to choose from and this PC went with the Windows 7 Pro OEM, that said, I could be able to provide basic support considering the circumstances:

That said, Please check if the headphones work before you try the next step:

Restart Bluetooth Support Service

You may want to check if the related Services are started and running smoothly. To do this, press Windows key + R, type services.msc. Next, right click on Bluetooth Support service and select Restart.
Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties and ensure that the startup type is Automatic.

Run Hardware and Device Troubleshooter

The built-in Hardware Troubleshooter scans for issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer is installed correctly or not. To run the troubleshooter, do the following:
- Press the ‘Windows + W’ key.
- Type troubleshooter in the search box and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- Click hardware and sound and run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Update Bluetooth Device Driver

1. To do this, you can use the Device Manager.
  2. Press Win+R, type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager. Expand Bluetooth. Click on Properties, click on Driver tab.
  3. Click Update Drivers button.

Enable the Bluetooth Audio Service

• Verify whether the settings for the Bluetooth speaker given below is enabled by default or not. If not, enable it and check if it solves the issue. Follow the steps to enable the Bluetooth Audio Service.
  • Press Win+X key together and select Control Panel from the list. Select Devices and Printers.
  • In Devices and Printers, locate the Bluetooth speaker device and right click on the device. Click on Properties and navigate to Services tab.
  • Select Audio Sink, Hands-free Telephony, and Remote Control and click on Apply.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

{If this resolved your concern, Click on "Accept as Solution" & the Purple Thumbs up}.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.