Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Had this Omen for4mos and never saw this audio control pop up on my taskbar before. I dont want it or need it, and dont want HP programs going into my pc changing things. How do I remove it?

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@Wopatoolie

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I would like to help.

The HP Omen Audio Control Software came with the Notebook but you can disable it from starting up if you wish to

Please download the Autoruns for Windows Utility from this Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/autoruns and you will be able to disable all apps, programs, services that load/start at the startup of your computer.

Extract the File from the and run the .exe file to install the Utility.

In the Autoruns Tab, filter for audio and uncheck the RTHDVCPL app. 

If you are prompted for any admin rights click OK

The  RTHDVCPL app is the Realtek High Definition Audio driver Software. 

Restart the Notebook and the Omen Audio Control should stop popping up

Keep me posted how it goes

Thank you and have a great weekend 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

this is a custom built desktop not a laptop.

there is no autoruns tab in this program.

HP Recommended

@Wopatoolie

Please provide me with the complete Model No or Product Number

You can refer to this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l for help in locating the Product Number.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

im getting very tired of this, every time i have what should be a simple question for you people you make me dig my pc out from under my desk to find these numbers for you. why cant you put them inside the pc software so they are easier to find. im getting older and i cant see so well, and its hard for me to see these small numbers back there at awkward angles.

i dont have the product or model number, i have the serial number: 5cc8210289

HP Recommended

@Wopatoolie

There are 3 different options to find out the Product Details. You can also find out the details from the computer software. For future reference you can go through this Link: hp.care/2bygf7l 

Please try these steps.

1. Right click on an empty space on the Taskbar

2. Select Taskbar Settings or Settings

3. Under Notification Area, Select which Icons appear on the Taskbar

4. Look for  Omen Audio control in the list and turn it OFF

You can also attempt a System Restore to an earlier time before the issue started

- Select the Start button, type control panel and then choose it from the list of results.
- Search Control Panel for Recovery.
- Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
- Choose the restore point prior to the start of the issue and then select Next > Finish.

Keep me posted

Thank you 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

i dont think you understand. i dont have the program actually showing on my taskbar, i already know how to do what you showed me. but when you click on 'Show Hidden Icons' it is there, which is showing me that program starts up with my pc, and i did not authorize it to start up. how do i actually remove that program from my pc? this is clearly an HP program and i do not want or need it, it does not show up in the installed programs list.

HP Recommended

@Wopatoolie

To uninstall an App follow these steps

• Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Apps.
  • Choose the program you want to remove, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

how many times do i have to tell you, that Omen Audio app is not found in the installed programs list? ffs, you people are useless. find me someone who actually works at this company who knows **bleep** theyre doing so i can fix this

HP Recommended

@Wopatoolie

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm writing on behalf of my colleague @KrazyToad, as the tech is out for the day, that said, I have reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

This is a complicated issue as you've mentioned that it shows during startup but isn't available under the uninstallation program,

It could be a spyware or a technical setting that needs to be changed to fix that, however, a remote session would be a lot helpful in this situation, so you can sit back and have an authorized HP tech take control of your device and resolve this issue without any more issues as such.

To get the same done, I've sent out a private message on what needs to be done next, 

please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.