Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 25L Desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an HP Omen 25L desktop with windows 10 version Version 21H1 OS build 19043.1110.

I was trying to fix a Bluetooth connection issue with my bose headphone (kept disconnecting and reconnecting; my AirPods pro worked fine on the desktop), but during the process of attempting to fix it, I got into a more complicated issue.

I was uninstalling and reinstalling drivers related to Bluetooth/audio in the device manager, but none of them worked. So I tried to uninstall a component called "RtkA2dp" under the "Sound, video and game controllers" part of the device manager, I believe that I also selected "delete the driver software for this device" when uninstalling it. It then starts to display a warning sign for the RtkA2dp, and upon checking the description in properties, it shows "The driver for this device has been blocked from starting because it is known to have problems with Windows. Contact the hardware vendor for a new driver. (Code 48) Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

After that, neither my bose nor my airpods could be connected to my desktop. And it would prompt something like "setup blocked by group policy" when I attempted to connect my headphones. I ran through most of HP's diagnostics, windows bluetooth troubleshooting, windows memory diagnostic tool, sfc /scannow in powershell. None of these reported any issues. None of these provided solutions to fix the problem. I then contacted HP's technician support. The agent rolled back the "RtkA2dp" to a 2018 version (the latest is 2020) and then it seemed to solve the problem, at least I was able to connect my devices to the desktop. However, after restarting, the "RtkA2dp" went back to the 2020 version (the problematic one, and probably the one I uninstalled the software). Now I am told by the agent that I should recover and reinstall the Windows system. I'm wondering if there are other methods to solve this without having to reinstall the entire system.

Please let me know if more details are needed. I'm not entirely sure the issue of not being able to connect wireless headphones to my desktop was originated from uninstalling the driver and software for RtkA2dp, but the failure occurred pretty much right after that.

I copied and pasted the contents from my original post on the Microsoft community, which has some more pictures and additional details:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-bluetooth-connection-issue-rtka2dp/...

Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@Jerry126, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Here are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

1) Run the Bluetooth troubleshooter
Select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Update & Security  > Troubleshoot . Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth, select Run the troubleshooter, and follow the instructions.

2) Uninstall the Bluetooth adapter in Device Manager

If you don't see the Bluetooth icon, but Bluetooth does appear in Device Manager, try uninstalling the Bluetooth adapter, shutting down your PC, and triggering an automatic driver reinstall:

1. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results.
  2. In Device Manager, select Bluetooth. Press and hold (or right-click) the Bluetooth adapter name (which may include the word “radio”), and select Uninstall device.
  3. Select the Start  button, then select Power  > Shut down.
  4. After your device shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Windows will try to reinstall the driver. 
  5. If Windows doesn't reinstall the driver automatically, open Device Manager and select Action > Scan for hardware changes

If the issue persists, update the wireless card and BIOS drivers from the HP website: click here to find and install the same.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.